It’s been quiet around these parts, as I have been going back and forth this month between Robin Hood performances, three different Christmas celebrations with friends and family, and (most thankfully) REST with all caps. It’s been a whirlwind of a year.
I always find that December is a month for reflection. It’s been wonderful to go through the archives and look at everything I’ve written and done this year. Coming up this week will also be a Year in Review post as well as the last Linktastic for the year. I’m really looking forward to seeing what 2016 has in store.
As always, thank you so much for your support this year. I am so very thankful for my friends, family, and blog readers — you mean the world to me.
Advice, Tips and Tricks
- Acting Basics: Do’s & Don’ts (A Free Printable)
- Character-Building Exercise: F.A.S.T. Analysis
- Dear Actors, From The Crew
- Director’s Diary: Rehearsing Backwards
- Director’s Diary: Rehearsing in “Layers”
- Director’s Diary: Rehearsals You Need To Include In Your Schedule (That You May Not Have Thought Of)
- How To “Fringe” Like a Pro
- Stage Combat 101: Before You Even Begin
- Theatre Fun & Games: Fruit Basket
- Theatre Fun & Games: Fairy Tale Tableau
- Theatre Fun & Games: Trapdoor
- Theatre Thoughts: On Friendship
- “There Are No Small Parts, Only Small Actors”: Why This Isn’t True and What To Do About It
By The Numbers
- 3 Quick Tips for Your Next Musical Theatre Audition (Video Post)
- 3 Tips For A Great Medieval Times Adventure
- 3 Ways Creative People Can (and Should!) Use A Blog5 Fun Theatre Things To Do In The Summer
- 5 Ways to Quiet Down a Noisy Drama Class… Without Yelling
- 8 Essential Clothing Pieces for Actresses
- 8 Essential Clothing Pieces for Actors
- 8 Quick Tips for Organizing Costumes Backstage, For Community & School Productions
- 9 Items That Should Be In Every Actor’s Hair Kit
- 10 Things I’ve Done as an Assistant Fight Director
- Top 5 Gifts for the Theatre People in Your Life (Holiday Gift Guide, 2015 Edition)
- Theatre Talk With Dr. John Lennox, Fight Director
- Theatre Talk With Art Fidler
- Theatre Talk With Mitch Atkins, Musical Theatre Orange County & Disney Creative Entertainment
- Theatre Talk With Donald D’Haene, Host of “DISH With Donald,” Rogers TV London
- Theatre Talk With Sarah Morgan, Circus Aerialist
- Theatre Talk With Ceris Thomas, Director & Educator
- Theatre Talk With Caitlin “Spinnabel Lee” Matanle, Circus Performer & Businesswoman
- Theatre Talk With Shanna Mandell, Middle Eastern Cabaret Performer & Instructor
- Theatre Talk With Kyle Rowling, Actor, Director & Fight Director
- Theatre Talk With Jared Kirby, Fight Director
- Theatre Talk With Whitney Bolam, Costumer & Owner of The Costume Shoppe
- Nancy Drew is a Winner! // What I’ve Learned: Nancy Drew Edition
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr. Fight Choreography
- What I’ve Learned: The Big Bad Musical Edition
- Robin Hood, Teaching T.A.G., and a Drunken Orangutan… Oh My! (An Update)
- The Conchologist Opens Today!
- Inspector Noble and the Figure in Black
- New Shop Page!
- New Ebook: The Ultimate Guide to Theatre Etiquette!
- 5 Reasons You Should Join the Badass Babes Blog Club + E-course
- TLTDAY Podcast #17 with Ceris & Kerry
- Show Us Your Creative Side! An Instagram Photo Challenge with The Lovers, The Dreamers, and You
- Dixie Outlet Mall “Capture the Cash” Promotional Video
- Adventures at the Oxford Renaissance Festival
Further Reading: The Best of 2014: 40 Posts from kerryhishon.com
Photo Credits: Bryan Nelson, Richard Gilmore, Ceris Thomas, Kerry Hishon
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!