“Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen…”
If you are lacking in the hair department, then you can skip this article. But for the rest of you folically-blessed actors out there who have lovely tresses to manage, here are 9 items that you should definitely have in your actor’s bag!
- Elastics or hair ties that match your hair colour (LOTS of them).
- Bobby pins or clips that match your hair colour (again, LOTS of them).
- Extra-hold hairspray (this is my favourite).
- Gel or pomade.
- A wide headband, to keep your hair out of your face for makeup/face paint application, and to keep it out of your face when you’re washing it afterwards.
- Your own hairbrush.
- A fine tooth comb with a long handle, for making sharp parts or teasing. (Also useful for styling your hair around a head mic.)
- A one-inch curling iron (you will inevitably have to curl your hair at some point).
- A wig cap, if you ever have to wear a wig in a show.
Anything I’ve missed? What are your essential hair tools?
Share them with me on Facebook, Twitter, or in the comments below!
Like this post? Want even more?
Click here to get exclusive bonus content from me, straight to your inbox!