2016 is off to a great start, in my opinion! It’s nice to have a new year and a fresh start. And with that, let’s dive right into our first Linktastic of the year! Read on for more!
- Filichia Features: Tarzan: A Musical from Hollywood and Vines. This is a great piece about getting unlikely actors involved in a musical… bonus points because it’s about Tarzan, which I’m directing at OKTC!
- Every actor should be involved backstage at least once. I totally agree.
- 4 reasons theatre should be a core subject in school.
- Antoni Cimolino, artistic director of the Stratford Festival, was appointed to the Order of Canada!
- Being an introverted actor.
- A real life fairy tale: an audience member takes the stage for a sick actor in Into the Woods.
- 15 photos of what actors see when they’re onstage.
- Look at all this fun stuff to do in Toronto! I need to go back, like now.
- Want to go to a Sailor Moon Masquerade Ball? Be in NYC in March 2017.
- Would you sleep in your car during your travels? This might help you make up your mind.
- Would you stay in America’s scariest motel? I wouldn’t be able to sleep…
- 9 amazing Airstreams that you would love to live in!
- I’d also love to live in a houseboat in California…
- Looking to lighten your load? Check out a month of minimalism.
- You don’t have to keep up with everything.
- We can all use David Bowie paper dolls.
- WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE???? (This is ridiculous and totally cracked me up.)
- This is SO FREAKING GOOD:
- How and why to join a Twitter chat. I’m LOVING Twitter chats, particularly #createlounge and #about90chat.
- Stop comparing your creative life to others and and ask yourself these questions instead.
- The truth about content upgrades: they’re not as complicated as you think.
- Old Navy discontinues a t-shirt after huge online backlash. The message? That kids shouldn’t aspire to be artists. Nice slap in the face to the artist who designed your shirts, Old Navy.
In Case You Missed It
- I am thrilled to announce that I am now writing for the Theatrefolk blog! Check out my first four articles: A Simple Breath Control Exercise for Actors & Singers, Why Isn’t My Actor Projecting Their Voice?, 5 Tongue Twister Exercises for Ensemble-Building, and 6 Tips to Improve Enunciation.
- 2015: The Year in Review!
- Director’s Diary: Scanning the Script
- How to Write A Program Bio
- TLTDAY Podcast #18: Together Again!
- Travel Diary: Toronto, January 15-17, 2016
- I’ve started a new column, Tiny Theatre Tips! Every Friday I’ll be sharing a tip about theatre in 500 words or less! Here are the first three: Tiny Theatre Tips #1: Grow Super-Thick Skin, Tiny Theatre Tips #2: Hone Your Skills, and Tiny Theatre Tips #3: Educate Yourself.
- I wrote a guest post for the TLTDAY blog: 50 Art Challenges To Try This Winter
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!