I don’t know about you, but August has flown by WAY too quickly! It’s like I blinked and it was gone. To be honest, I’m not really ready for summer to be over. I’m not super excited about pumpkin spice whatever, boots and sweaters, and whatever else goes with fall; plus, looking at my calendar, it doesn’t seem like the craziness is going to be stopping anytime soon… so I’m going to wring every last second of summer out that I can! In the meantime, here is your August Linktastic to check out on your Saturday! Enjoy!
- Jeanine Profeta from Second City shares her top 10 tips for teaching improv!
- Who’s an amateur? The evolving definition of “professional.”
- And a follow-up: “I do community theatre”
- Here’s what happened when a theatre company asked audiences to set their own ticket prices.
- What can drama do for children? (Here’s my take on it!)
- Here’s to the high school theatre kids. Love this!
- The beautiful qualities of drama educators.
- 7 movement techniques all actors should study, from Alexander to Williamson.
- Here’s how kids on Broadway balance school with their performing lives.
- 13 helpful phrases you can say to calm an anxious child. Super useful for theatre/drama educators.
- 25 life lessons you learn as a theatre techie. Hilarious and true!
- 22 things all stage actors know to be true. “Social life? Oh, you mean rehearsal.”
- A peek backstage of famous musicians, actors and models as they prepare. So cool! I lovelovelove behind-the-scenes sneak peeks!
- According to science (SCIENCE!!!) this is the perfect and best road trip you can possibly take. I’d like to test this theory.
- File this under “weird”: street artist Banksy has created “Dismaland” which you can probably guess what it’s a parody of. It’s in England until September 27, so if you’re across the pond, check it out and bring me back a balloon. Here’s the official page.
- New York City is where it’s at. If you love art, gardening, and Frida Kahlo, here’s an event for you.
- 8 things to put in your carry-on. Brilliant.
- Decluttering your closet? Think before you donate (and then think harder before you re-purchase).
- 15 handy charts that every Canadian needs.
- Adorable animals that want to be photographers!
- Want to be just like Hermione? Then you need these 21 Harry Potter school supplies.
- The real cost of handmade (or, why Etsy prices are really not atrocious).
- Three reasons to create before you consume. I need to take this to heart.
- Sarah Starrs shares her amazing time-management skills. Bookmarked!
- I’m late to the party, but I’m loving Gypsy Warrior‘s gorgeous items!
- Knitting, of course.
- Re-reading YA novels from my youth.
- Tarot cards.
- Taylor Swift. #sorrynotsorry
- OMG TOMATO.
- Learning ALL THE THINGS from Sarah Morgan and Mariah Coz!
- Writing an e-book… coming soon!
- No Linktastic is complete without a great soundtrack…
In Case You Missed It…
- I ran my first giveaway on the blog for tickets to see FUERZA BRUTA in New York City! (Unfortunately the contest is now closed but who knows what I’ll be giving away in the future!)
- What I’ve Learned: The Big Bad Musical Edition
- Theatre Talks with Donald D’Haene, Caitlin “Spinnabel Lee” Matanle, Shanna Mandell and Kyle Rowling
- Character-Building Exercise: F.A.S.T. analysis
- And don’t forget your weekly words of wisdom!
- I’m featured on Blogwarts‘ alumni page! (You should definitely sign up!)
Want more Linktastic? Click here!
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!