Last year’s Holiday Gift Guide for the Theatre People in Your Life is just blowing up right now — people must be doing their holiday shopping early this year! So due to popular demand, here is my 2014 roundup of great gift ideas for theatre aficionados!
- This Warning: Spontaneous Musical Numbers Ahead t-shirt is adorable! (They’ve got stickers and signs too!)
- True theatre junkies should not be without Kristin Chenowith’s new album, Coming Home…
- … and Idina Menzel put out a Christmas album this year.
- Looking to go to college or university for musical theatre? This book might help you out.
- For the hardworking SM who knows what’s what (which is all of them), this Keep Calm: I’m A Stage Manager t-shirt would be perfect.
- This comedy and tragedy mask barrette is so pretty!
- Here’s a great Shakespeare quote print: “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
- I would LOVE to own this bracelet: “We are such stuff as dreams are made on.”
- If you have some teeny tiny actors in the making, why not get them some comedy and tragedy onesies?
- If you’re in London, Ontario, why not check out some local theatre? Buy tickets for shows at The Grand Theatre, The Palace Theatre, The ARTS Project, or of course, Original Kids Theatre Company.
- MerchBar has a great holiday gift guide for Broadway lovers, with lots of fun stuff from Wicked, Book of Mormon, Cinderella, Matilda and Rock of Ages.
- “I Can’t, I Have Rehearsal” … we’ve all been there!
- A great Canadian TV series loosely based on the Stratford Festival — Slings & Arrows on DVD.
- Take your Sondheim-loving friend to see Into the Woods on Christmas Day.
- Here are four books that your stage combatant friends should have in their libraries.
- If you’re a fan of the Stratford Festival, you’ll definitely want to check out their shop, filled with books, CDs, apparel, souvenirs, and all sorts of other fun stuff! (Plus, my cousin Mike does all the graphic design for their clothes — he designed my blog header too!)
- Bronner’s has some adorable theatre-themed ornaments on their website, many of which can be personalized.
- I haven’t read these books yet, but the Drama! series by Paul Ruditis looks like a lot of fun!
- For young actors, Kids of Stage Charades game (in a travel tin, no less!) and Hedbanz Act Up would be lots of fun!
- Does theatre make you happy? Me too.
- Show your star power with this gorgeous glitter star headband from Crown & Glory. (I would LOVE to own this.)
- This porcelain dish is perfect for the actor’s home.
- This would be the perfect book for a theatrical makeup artist!
- This could be a “break a leg” lucky charm!
- Or you can “break a leg” with this cute mug.
- I love this “Peace Love Theatre” tote bag! Would make a perfect actor’s bag.
- Every musical director I know recommends that actors have a digital voice recorder. An iPod Touch would also be great for this, as it has a voice record and can hold your music collection.
- The Rehearsal 2 app is super-useful for helping to memorize lines!
- “Trust me… I’m a Director.” Someone buy me this, please.
- This Etsy store has tons of beautiful theatrical prints, including Shakespeare soliloquies.
And for the unoriginal… gift card ideas for theatre lovers:
- iTunes is perfect for just about anyone — theatre lovers can download all their favourite show tunes, choreographers can get new music for their dance work…
- Sephora is perfect for restocking your stage makeup kit.
- A Staples gift card would help your beloved stage manager restock their SM kit.
- Broadway.com offers gift cards for any Broadway or Off-Broadway show in NYC.
- If your theatre friends need new business cards, Moo.com has awesome, totally customizable cards available! (If you use this link, you’ll receive 10% off your first order, and I’ll get a referral credit!)
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I just think these would all make great gifts!
Photo Credit: Malcolm Miller
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!