I’ve got an audition coming up with Empty Space Productions and I’m super excited but a bit nervous too! Auditioning is one of the toughest things an actor does… and yet they do it on a daily basis! So here’s some links with useful information about auditioning.
- I’ve posted these ones before, but Ken Davenport’s 10 Audition Tips for Actors, and 10 MORE Audition Tips for Actors are super useful.
- An interesting article from Lynn Trimble: Audition Tips for Young Actors. Her daughter, Lizabeth, is incredibly prepared and professional!
- How to Choose Songs for a Musical Theatre Audition. Exactly what it says.
- From WiseGeek: How Do I Choose a Monologue for an Audition? Something many aspiring actors have asked before!
- How-To-Audition.com. This is a one-stop shop for all sorts of audition related questions. It even has a section of sample monologues.
- Industry tips from The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts. They probably know what they’re talking about.
Good luck on your auditions! My best piece of advice? Practice, practice, practice!