Every month, I seem to say something to the effect of “holy crap, it’s the end of _____ already?!” but it’s true — it’s the end of February 2016 already and I can’t believe how fast it’s gone. In two weeks I’ll be in NYC with Original Kids Theatre Company, and in three weeks it’ll be my birthday (eek!). Life has been busy with Tarzan rehearsals, writing like a maniac, and archery tag league but it’s all good! I’ve also been finding great stuff to share with you, so read on for more!
- 10 things NOT to say in a pitch email to a producer!
- Casting without limits. Is it possible to cast a show truly blindly — not paying heed to gender, race, age or body type?
- Thoughts on choreography and copyright.
- I’m a theatre etiquette junkie and this article is great (totally applicable to theatre rehearsals): 17 Ways to Be an A+ Student in Dance Class.
- Hilarious! Hamilton creators lament ticket sales lost due to not writing a straight play starring white people. (Obviously satire — Hamilton tickets are nearly impossible to get due to massive popularity; tickets are averaging $500+ each!)
- How to travel without quitting your job.
- How to satisfy wanderlust in between trips.
- I have never wanted anything more in my life: a gypsy caravan. (Except for maybe a treehouse.)
- 7 travel tools you NEED to have!
- Free things to do in NYC!
- One of my fav articles ever: how to get everything you ever wanted (in 3 easy steps).
- 17 things you’ll understand if you’re slightly obsessed with your bed.
- How often should you change your sheets, underwear and towels.
- Aimed at millennials, but appropriate to all: it’s time to toss your childhood junk.
- Watch Lin-Manuel Miranda kill it free-style (see what I did there?) and Jimmy Fallon fangirl over him:
- Creative Convex has some gorgeous free stock photos for creative people!
- Is travel blogging a reliable source of income? Nick and Dariece from Goats on the Road say it is!
- 9 content types to get you started on Periscope (Are you following me? I’m @kerryhishon on Periscope!)
- The difference between growing an audience and a community (and why both matter!).
- I recently co-hosted a Twitter chat with LaShonda Brown about balancing a side hustle with a full-time gig. You should definitely join us on Twitter for #About90Chat, every Thursday at 9 pm EST!
In Case You Missed It
- Tarzan Tickets On Sale Now!
- 5 Tips To Help Learn Names Quickly
- 10 Things I’ve Done as a Fight Captain
- The Three Tools Every Actor Has At Their Disposal (No Storage Necessary!)
- Rehearsal Etiquette For Performers (Video Post!)
- Tiny Theatre Tips: Fitness For Actors, Rest, Support Other Artists
- For Theatrefolk: Stage vs. Screen: A Comparison of Acting Techniques, Developing Your Character’s Physicality from Head to Toe, 3 Fun, Physical Warm-Ups To Get Your Students Moving, Practicing the Basics: 3 Games to Help Students Play to the Audience
Want more Linktastic? Click here!
Photo Credit: Death to the Stock Photo
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!