Roll up, roll up, it’s time for another Linktastic! October has absolutely flown by — my days have been filled with rehearsals, performances, teaching, and other madness. It’s actually quite nice to be able to sit down and share some links with you! So sit back, relax, and spend some time surfing the ‘net!
- If Shakespeare had an iPhone… can you guess the Shakespeare play from these emojis?
- Ali Stroker is starring on Broadway in Spring Awakening… and she’s paralyzed from the chest down.
- Prepare your rage face… apparently strong female roles onstage make audiences uncomfortable.
- Jimmy Fallon and Tom Hanks cold read scripts written by kids based on the title “Bridge of Spies” and it’s both brilliant and adorable.
- As a former cruise ship employee, I can assure you that this list is totally accurate… 10 things crew members do when they go back home.
- If you’re in Toronto, be sure to check out the best late-night museum events in YYZ, as well as spooky Halloween celebrations in the Tdot.
- Want to win an inn in Maine? Yes, yes you do. (via Messy Nessy Chic)
- 33 signs that you are addicted to travel.
- When dancers fight… hilarious!
- Ever heard of the term “gird up your loins”? Here’s how to do it (and it’s actually quite practical).
- What would you do if your job didn’t exist?
- Someday vs. Today.
- 38 things to declutter from your life RIGHT NOW. (Excuse me while I go toss stuff.)
- Wil Wheaton agrees that you deserve to be paid for your work.
- 3 steps to starting your business when you’re just as ambitious as you are broke.
- Where should I guest post?
- How to get your butt out of a blogging rut.
- An oldie but a goodie… when you feel like you have nothing unique to say.
- 10 mistakes that stop people from reading your email.
- Halloween decorations
- The new Pentatonix album, of course.
- Orangutans and other primates (method acting, I suppose)
- Peppermint hot chocolate (I am anti-PSL)
- Also napping
- Imperfect Wreck This Journal entries (seriously, it’s called Wreck This Journal, not “gorgeously perfect art journal” #bitter)
- Moleskine journals
- Scream Queens (where can I get this song?!)
- American Horror Story: Hotel (Lady Gaga is actually amazing)
- I’m probably totally insane, but I’m going to participate in NaNoWriMo in November. Here goes nothing…
In Case You Missed It…
- Theatre Talk with Whitney Bolam
- 5 Ways to Quiet Down a Noisy Drama Class… Without Yelling
- I have a new shop… check it out!!!
- I played a drunken orangutan in The Conchologist! (You can read more about it here.)
- 8 Quick Tips for Organizing Costumes Backstage, For Community & School Productions
Want more Linktastic? Click here!
Photo Credit: Marina Sheppard
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!