Don’t have to tell me twice! I went on a quick camping trip this weekend in between performances of The Big Bad Musical, and even though it rained, it was still lots of fun! I hope your summer has been full of fun adventures so far, and that you’re reading this post on a beach somewhere, or perhaps on the highway of a fabulous road trip, or even just outside under a tree somewhere! Failing that, I hope you’re taking a few minutes out of your day to click on some fun links! Read on for more!
- It’s not too late to buy tickets to The Big Bad Musical at OKTC! (We have 5 shows remaining!)
- Theatrefolk is one of the best theatre websites going. If you’re an educator or work with young actors, this is a fantastic resource.
- A theatre critic writes to his subjects. What are your thoughts on critics and reviews? Think about this:
I want you to succeed. But I’m not going to lie about it. Because if I do that, I’m only doing your present and future selves a disservice. I’m also insulting those who have produced something of superior quality.
- I love me a good etiquette post, and this one is a must-read for all performing arts people, not just dancers: Should-be-obvious-but-apparently-is-not dance competition etiquette.
- “Don’t worry, it’s not just art!” Why this is killing schools’ arts programs.
- What to say when your friend’s Fringe show is horrible. LOL!
- Here’s what it really costs to earn a living as an actor. This is why you need to hustle and never give up!
- Words of encouragement from a director to you actors out there: solve our problem. Be the actor we need to fill the part.
- Can we just pin this to every theatre person out there? 6 critical mistakes that will kill your theatre career. SO MUCH YES. READ, RE-READ, and MEMORIZE!
- How adorable is this mini folding vintage caravan? I want one!
- Or perhaps a Swiss Army Knife camping trailer is more your speed. I also want one of these!
- You never want to think about bad things happening, but just in case — here are ways to battle common travel mishaps.
- Got a vacation coming up? Don’t obsess over getting everything done beforehand. I need to take this advice!
- I need to check these out: 5 great US hotels for under $150.
- You don’t owe anyone your pretty. So good.
- I love this and can’t wait to try it: how to make your own flower crown!
- 100 ways to add magic to your life. I love this!
- You can choose to want less.
- How to stay young and hot forever: advice from a 96-year-old grandma!
- Some guy re-named the paint chips at a hardware store, and it’s hilarious!
- The incredible story of the most badass female pirate to sail the seas.
- This bear is absolutely loving his swimming pool:
- Light by Coco. I love her videos and blog!
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I’m on a total decluttering kick!
- Journalling in Moleskine notebooks.
- Sushi. All the sushi.
- Twitter chats! (Let’s be friends — I’m @kerryhishon!)
- The Loud Ladies (via The Loudmouth Lifestyle) Google Plus community is amazing. Such a supportive, fun group of people. You should join!!
In Case You Missed It…
- Adventures at the Oxford Renaissance Festival!
- Theatre Talks with Art Fidler, Mitch Atkins, Sarah Morgan, and Ceris Thomas.
- Director’s Diary: Rehearsing Backwards
- Of course, your weekly words of wisdom!
- I was featured on XOSarah’s Blog Love and The Loudmoth Lifestyle’s Link Love round-ups!
Want more Linktastic? Click here!
Want to read more fun stuff like this?
Click here to get updates from me and
exclusive surprises, straight to your inbox!