I love these cute planters. Totally my style! Found them in a store in Bayfield tonight.
- Why do some musicals become hit movies, and others don’t? (PS – I still haven’t seen the film version of Les Miserables.)
- Conversely, why do some movies become successful Broadway musicals, and others don’t? (I never saw Rocky the Musical, and believe me, I had no desire to do so anyway.)
- You better WERK! 10 Tips from Broadway’s Best Dancers and Choreographers.
- More tips for choosing an audition song. From the article:
DON’T think that “doing your best” means belting at the top of your lungs or hitting some super-high note, unless you can really nail it. There are a lot of great things actors can do to impress directors, one of the best ones being simply ACTING very well while you sing. Pick a song that has a story to tell and tell that story convincingly. Touching someone’s heart can make just as good an impression, if not better, as blasting their ears off. Or hey, maybe you can do both! More power to you. Do that then.
- Sam Mendes’ 25 Rules for Directors never gets old.
- This is an excellent article about rehearsal etiquette. It’s aimed at dancers, but is totally appropriate for actors and singers too. Brilliant! Hilarious title too: Should-be-obvious-but-apparently-is-not Dance Etiquette.
- I will always continue to flog this horse: Why being in the ensemble is awesome. Even in high school and middle school.
- I’ve moved something like 17 times, and have lived in five different cities across two different countries, so I definitely dig this article: Staying is Settling: Why You Need to Move at Least 5 Times in Your Life.
- This family is living my dream of living full-time in an airstream.
- A few days late, but never out of place (for me anyway): Welcome to Halloweentown.
- An experienced teacher had his eyes opened when he shadowed students for two days. A fascinating look at the current high school style of teaching.
- Two Buzzfeed writers switched their makeup habits for a week: one went makeup-free (she normally wears a full face of makeup), and one wore makeup (she normally doesn’t). I love collecting makeup, but I don’t generally wear a lot (I like sleeping in!). Their thoughts and musings on the subject are really interesting.
- This 8-bit video game version of Frozen is hilarious! And they have a Mean Girls version too!
- 10 awesome quotes from Kermit the Frog’s TED Talk.
- I love this! The history and timeline of Miss Cora Strayer’s Private Detective Agency.
- Someone come see The Book of Life with me!
Photo: Kerry Hishon
Want more Linktastic? Click here!