Has it seriously been six months since I’ve posted a Thankful Thursday? Ridiculous! So much has happened since then; much of which has already been documented on the blog. But let’s dive into what has happened in the last week; which has been absolutely packed full of craziness! Complete with photos!
This week has been all about…
- Getting over the dreaded pinkeye! It’s all gone!
- Watching a rehearsal for Ladies Room, which is performing at the London Fringe Festival NOW! Go see it!
- Speaking of the Fringe, it’s officially open! Go see some shows!
- Getting together with the cast of Disney’s Peter Pan Jr. for a reunion and seeing The Secret Garden together!
- Having a nice Friday night off with Shawn and watching Dr. No!
- Combat rehearsals for Macbeth are always a good time.
- Going for frozen yogurt with Shawn and absolutely loading my froyo up with maraschino cherries (my fav!).
- Some great rehearsals for Through the Looking Glass.
- An awesome dinner of chilli, heaped with cheese, served in a bread bowl at Shawn’s cousin Justin’s, with lots of talk about Game of Thrones.
- Watching WWE Payback with Shawn, Rob and Angus is always fun, especially marking out over Bo Dallas being the worst ever and Batista’s blue tights. (Yes, I watch pro wrestling. Move along, nothing to see here.)
- OKTC Grad Gala was a huge tearjerker as always. Such a fun-filled, emotional event. All the spring musical casts came back to perform; the Grade 8 graduates shared their best OKTC moment thus far; and the Grade 12 grads moved everyone to tears. I was a mess at the end. I’ve said it so many times… I love these kids so much.
- I performed in the Fringe Performer Showcase, promoting the Retro Electro Sideshow (which you should DEFINITELY NOT GO TO!).
- I had a great time speaking with Lindsay of Theatrefolk.com tonight about all things youth theatre related. I’ll be appearing on their podcast in July… can’t wait to hear it! Hopefully I didn’t sound too much like a doof!
- Met with a very excited group of Original Kids to discuss a potential Walt Disney World trip in the fall… how cool would that be?!
- Fun evening with my sorority sisters, discussing and laughing about EVERYTHING you can imagine!
- Long chats with good friends.
- I’ve been participating in Veronica Varlow’s peepshow challenge — a photo a day of your life. I’m up to Day 18! Follow the fun on my Instagram.
- Looking forward to travelling to Toronto tomorrow for a mini-vacation to see Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre‘s new show, Speakeasy! We’re staying at the Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel… I’m excited to be staying at a hotel that I’ve never been to before! I’ve been chatting with them on Twitter and looking forward to a new experience! Of course, I’ll be recapping it all here!
How has your week been going? Share the fun in the comments!