Happy Birthday to my amazing cousin, Jennifer! I’m celebrating at home with pinkeye. Boo urns! But rather than dwell on that, let’s enjoy some linkage, shall we?
- I’m sure many of this blog’s readers will be thrilled to read this: Why a Theatre Degree is Not Useless! So there’s a big raspberry to all those nay-sayers!
- Veronica Varlow’s 6 tips about how to be a performer for a living are amazing and inspiring!
- PatronManager CRM postulates what arts management in 2023 will look like.
- I love sneak peeks at peoples’ day to day lives, so this article was fun for me! Stage in a Suitcase: four Fringe performers describe life on the fringe circuit. I’ve seen Martin Dockery perform, and he is insanely energetic and awesome. Chase Padgett performed at last year’s London Fringe Festival and unfortunately I wasn’t able to see his show, but he got rave reviews from everyone.
- Loving this article by Steven Stack: Things that Every Student Actor Should Know. Required reading!
“Early on, we praise young actors entirely too much for their ability to memorize their lines. Yes, it makes them feel good, but it also makes them think it’s a big deal and to some, something that’s “difficult.” But it’s not. You simply put in the time and get it done. As soon as you get the script in your hand and know your character, you memorize your lines.”
- Slaves of the Internet, Unite! Why exposure won’t pay your rent.
- Someone made Muppets Christ Superstar a real thing, and it’s amazing. Gonzo as Judas with Camilla and the chickens clucking “Superstar” is INSANE and I love it.
- 22 things creative people do differently than the rest. I definitely agree with getting inspiration at random times, and working while others are sleeping!
- A Mighty Girl is just a fantastic website. Go check it out, now.
- I would happily live in ANY of these places: 36 Stunning Bohemian Homes You’d Love to Chill Out In. Gorgeous!
- This 12-second video made me D’AWWWW forever! This kitty LOVES big hugs!
- This happened on Conan O’Brien the other night, and it was awesome: