- My new stage combat friend, Dagger (aka Rachel Strayer) made a great post about her experiences at The Art of Combat NYC Intensive: The Return of Combat Chicky. Her blog is great. Read it now!
- While on the topic of Art of Combat, you should go check out the sites of my fight masters: Jared Kirby, John “Doc” Lennox, and Kyle Rowling.
- Also check out the sites of fellow AoC members Ben Rezendes, Hunter C. Smith, and Nathan Oesterle, as well as Shrew’d Business (Ceris Thomas and Brian “Brock” Brockenshire).
- Got a hankering for custom-made leather goods? Check out Pendragon Armoury (yes, spelled properly with a U).
- Here’s an interesting interview with Robin McFarquhar about choreographing stage fights (from 2002 but still good).
- You can get a BA in Acting and Stage Combat from East 15 Acting School at the University of Essex! Maybe someday…
- Babes with Blades is an all-female stage combat company in Chicago. Going to train with them is on my bucket list!
- Another interview: EmmaClaire Brightlyn, a female actor/combatant who trains with YoungBlood in the U.K.
- Check this out: Chinese female pirate Ching Shih!