You may have noticed that I’ve been a bit MIA this month… but that’s because Shawn and I have been busy packing up our lives and moving into our very own house! Yes, we bought a house and now we have a mortgage and all sorts of “grown-up” stuff like a rake and a shovel. We’ve been busy raking and scrubbing and all sorts of fun house stuff that will probably lose its novelty after a while, but right now it’s pretty exciting (and tiring). I so appreciate your sticking with me while I’ve been playing house!
- Actors, do you suffer from wanderitis? (Lots of my young actors do!)
- A Montreal theatre company used a white actor in blackface to portray NHL player P.K. Subban in a comedy sketch, and people are pissed.
- Do you read reviews? Broadway stars weigh in.
- 7 reasons why actors should be on Twitter.
- More reasons why performers should not work for free! (Repeat after me… you cannot pay your bills with “exposure”!)
- OKTC‘s production of Jane Eyre: The Musical opens today! Get your tickets here!
- And the London Fringe Festival opens next week! So excited!
- At The Big Bad Musical, we’ve been busy learning some cool dance moves.
- Camp No Counselors looks like CRAZY FUN and I want to go!
- Would you spend your summer in a historic, haunted ghost town in Montana?
- Why Noelle gave up a high-paying job and NYC life to scoop ice cream in the Caribbean.
- If you’re a Wes Anderson fan, you’ll want to check out this bar designed by him in Milan!
- Veronica’s photo diary of a day in Brooklyn makes me want to go back to NYC.
- And Shauna’s photo diary of her Palm Springs vacation makes me want to go back to California! Sigh!
- I just got a set of Inquiry Cards, and I love them! They are fantastic for inspiration, journalling prompts, and getting you thinking.
- I’m excited about my current blogging course, called Your First 1K. Our first lesson was sent out yesterday, and I can’t wait to dive into it and overhaul my blog! You should join in the fun!
- 7 activities that super successful people do during the weekend.
- 19 females TV characters who are evidently Slytherins. I don’t agree with the full list… just because someone is a jerk or a villain does not automatically make them a Slytherin!
- I tend to stay away from political posts, but I strongly believe in this one. I love using products by Lush Cosmetics because they smell and feel amazing! I also love them because they are working to help save the environment and ban animal testing. I fully support their current campaign to eliminate microbeads from cosmetics and bath products, which pollute our waterways and harm marine life. They are working with Ottawa Riverkeeper to help #BanTheBead. Go to Lush’s site to learn more and to sign the petition. While you’re at it, be aware of what you’re purchasing and refuse to purchase products with microbeads!
- I heart Skylar and Todrick:
Want more Linktastic? Click here!