- Kick up your heels! You have four more chances to see OKTC’s Through the Looking Glass before it closes on August 3.
- A useful page for playwrights: 25 Things About Creating Characters.
- I grew up in a hockey family, with a cousin who now plays hockey professionally. I think this article is brilliant: 10 Sanity Tips for Minor Hockey Parents. These tips can all be transferred to any activity, including the arts. The quote below can totally be applied to “stage parents.” Imagine your kid doesn’t get cast in the role he/she has been dreaming about for weeks and weeks. How do you respond?
“As a parent, your first instinct is to protect and defend. If you feel your kid is being wronged or a situation is unfair, you want to lash out and hurt those who would dare bring harm to your kid. It’s natural instinct. That being said, it is important to always take a step back and put things into perspective. You need to understand that your actions will have consequences and those consequences affect you as well as your kid, and others.”
- Another brilliant blog post about why you didn’t get cast.
- 22 things you don’t want to hear about working in the arts.
- Here are some telltale signs of a bad actor.
- This is an AWESOME video: Seth Rudetsky shares the five worst audition mistakes!
- Continuing with the Seth Rudetsky awesomeness, here is Seth with David Hibbard, who transforms into the Rum Tum Tugger from Cats in less than 6 minutes! (Is it just me or does David Hibbard sound a LOT like Norbert Leo Butz?)
Photo Credit: Malcolm Miller