After taking a short blogging break, I am back and itching to get posting again! I’ve got two big blog posts in the works, but here’s a Linktastic to tide you over until then!
- I am absolutely loving Backstage.com. Their Actor 101 section is so useful. Bookmark this one, all you actors out there! Some of my favourite articles from that site include 15 Things Actors Do That Make Me Happy, 10 Sacrifices an Actor Makes, and 26 Reasons Why You Didn’t Get the Part. Mega-inspiration for my Young Actors Series!
- The Actor’s Guide to Everything is truly that. It’s divided into three sections: Getting Here, Getting Started, and Getting Ahead. Incredibly useful, practical advice about everything from “So you want to be an actor?” to “How do I know when it’s time to get out of the business?” and everything in between.
- This site made me literally LOL – What Should Theatre Call Me. Non-theatre people won’t get it. Theatre people TOTALLY WILL.
- It can happen to anyone… even Broadway stars! Playbill.com asks 60 actors, “What’s Your Worst Flubbed Line/Missed Cue/Onstage Mishap?” The answers will make you groan, laugh, and squirm!
- Advice to actors, from Jenna Fischer and Emma Thompson. Great stuff!