What I’ve learned:
- I am so very fortunate to be doing what I love to do and getting paid for it!
- If you put it out into the universe, it will usually come to you. There is plenty of abundance!
- On that note: even though things are usually working out properly, I always get anxious beforehand and it leads to horrible stomachaches. And yet I haven’t been able to shake that tendency yet.
- I am very impatient when it comes to lighting design. (That’s why I get someone else to do it for me!)
- The kids constantly surprise and enchant me. Each day before we finish the day, I give them a “homework assignment” such as reviewing lines, reviewing blocking, practicing projecting their voices, and even being silent for 10 minutes (which the parents loved). Yesterday I forgot to give them their homework. Today when they came in, they all told me that they practiced all their homework exercises anyway! And it definitely showed, as they are getting more and more confident each day.
- The kids LOVE routine.
- I am getting better and better at delegating tasks.
- Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help.
- I’ve never been happier, which leads me to conclude that theatre + working with kids = happy Kerry.