Thank you so much to Ei Phyu at Things I like for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I started this site to be a sort of online resume for my theatre career, but it has really evolved and changed over the years. I love teaching and sharing my knowledge with people, and I hope that my Young Actors Series articles are helpful and enjoyable!
I met Ei Phyu back in my first year at Queen’s University (back in 2002… a lifetime ago it seems!). We were both modelling in a charity fashion show for the Women’s Issues Committee (which has since been renamed the Women’s Empowerment Committee; I like that very much). I was a terrified first year and she took me under her wing and was so lovely and kind to me. I had the great fortune to work with her again as a member of the Academics Committee for Queen’s Arts & Science Orientation. Working on Frosh Week was one of my most memorable moments in my university life, and Eips was a huge part of that experience. Her kindness and intelligence make her a one-of-a-kind lady, and this comes through in spades in her blog. Please be sure to check it out.
* * * * *
The rules of this award:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
* * * * *
7 facts about myself:
1. I will talk to just about anyone about anything. I love meeting new people.
2. I am so full of dreams and aspirations and sometimes I worry that I won’t live long enough to achieve them all.
3. I love all things Disney, and I’ve been fortunate to work for the Disney Company twice (Walt Disney World in 2005, and Disney Cruise Line in 2007-2008).
4. I dream about selling all my possessions, buying an Airstream, and living a nomadic life (with internet, LOL).
5. I have an entire bookshelf devoted to books I haven’t read yet.
6. I love collecting makeup and nail polish but I rarely wear any of it.
7. I sometimes wish I had gotten a Bachelor’s of Education but I know that I wouldn’t want to teach in a school (ask me about this some time if you want me to go on a long, ranty tangent).
* * * * *
The great blogs I nominate for this award are (in alphabetical order):
An Actor’s Blog (Amelia M. Rogocka)
I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts