Happy New Year, everyone! I spent New Year’s Eve at a friend’s party, playing Heads Up and eating my weight in taco dip and guacamole.
2014 was a jam-packed year. I appeared onstage in six productions (A Charlie Brown Christmas, From Women’s Eyes, Macbeth, Mrs. Ballyshannon’s Jane Eyre, Secret Lives of a Sex Doll and White Rabbit Red Rabbit) and one film (After I Lost You), directed three shows at OKTC (The Wedding Singer, Through the Looking Glass, and Disney’s Peter Pan Jr.), and choreographed fights for two shows (Macbeth and Ladies Room, which won the Impressario Award for their venue at the London Fringe Festival!). I taught baton for Beal Musical Theatre, ran a summer camp program in Port Stanley, taught mime, tableau and theatre games to theatre rookies, and assisted with some stage combat classes as well.
I wrote 127 new blog posts in 2014, was interviewed on Theatrefolk’s podcast, and won scholarships to attend The Blogcademy in Washington DC, and the inaugural class of Heroine Training’s Blogwarts. I have met so many wonderful people online and “IRL” and I can’t wait to keep pushing forward with my blogging. /end humblebrag 😛
I’m so incredibly thankful for the opportunities that I got in 2014. I’m thankful for the amazing people I worked with, new friends I made, old friends I spent time with, my supportive family, and my wonderful husband Shawn.
I’m also thankful for…
- the wonderful online communities I’m part of
- snail mail
- Lush products
- learning to read tarot cards
- my new Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera
- Kim Boekbinder’s The Infinite Minute
- Veronica Varlow
- knitting and crafting
- writing (both online and in my various journals)
- books, books, books (two of my favs this year were Yes Please by Amy Poehler and #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso)
- Green Day’s American Idiot
- Disney movies
- camping adventures at the trailer
- my awesome students at OKTC (especially my Wedding Singer cast, who continually pushed me to get better every day)
- those awesome moments when you get a fit of inspiration
- hard lessons and hard work
- everyone who has read this blog!
And here are my wishes for 2015!
- Continue to create great content for the blog
- Start a YouTube channel (I’m absolutely TERRIFIED but also excited! Send me your good vibes for this one!)
- Finish what I’ve started. I’ve got a bunch of projects that I’ve started and need to cross off my list.
- Take more photos
- Create a daily writing, gratitude and stretching habit(s)
- Learn to play the ukulele
- Say YES to fun and adventures!