2014 has been jam-packed! When I look back on it, I can’t believe how much I’ve mashed into one year.
Inspired by Shauna Haider and Gala Darling‘s lists, here are my top 40 posts of 2014. I’ve had a blast this year working on a million projects and keeping crazy-busy. I can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store!
As always, thank you so much for sticking with me during this crazy year. I can’t wait to share more posts with you!
- Advice for Theatre Newbies: Doing the Work
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Theatre People in Your Life, 2014 Edition
- Save The Drama For Your Mama: Why “Dramatic” Kids Aren’t Necessarily Theatre Kids
- Not Just For Actors: The Roles that a Parent Takes On When Their Kid Does Theatre
- Been There, Done That: My Real-Life Auditioning Experiences
- Self-Care for Performers: 5 Useful Tips
- 5 Notes Concerning Notes
- 3 Useful Acting Exercises for Understanding Your Script & Character
- Theatre Etiquette: Pre-Show Preparation
- Advice for Young Actresses: Be Your Own Heroine
- Advice for First-Time Directors
- Theatre Thoughts: Harness the Power of YouTube
- Survive or Thrive: Three Things to Consider Before Sending Your Kid to Theatre Camp
- Six Things To Do When You’re Between Shows
- How to Deal With A Queen Diva
- How to Effectively Run a Rehearsal With Young Actors
- Theatre Etiquette: How to Be a Great Audience Member, Part 2
- How to Deal: Dealing With Scheduling & Conflicts, For Directors
- How to Costume Your Show
- How to Show Dedication to Your Show (or, How to Ensure Your Director Will LOVE You!)
- How to Deal: 10 Tips for Dealing With Schedules & Conflicts, for Actors
- 20 Ways to Make Rehearsal Part of Your Daily Routine
- Director’s Diary: On Casting
- Director’s Diary: On Doing Your Homework
- Director’s Diary: On Being Present
- Directing Youth with Yours Truly on TheatreFolk.com!
- Director’s Diary: On Stress
Projects From 2014
- What I’ve Learned: Peter Pan Edition
- What I’ve Learned: Through the Looking Glass Edition
- What I’ve Learned: The Wedding Singer Edition
- Reflecting on White Rabbit, Red Rabbit
- Reflecting on Mrs. Ballyshannon’s Jane Eyre
- Macbeth Opens Today!
- From Women’s Eyes Redux
- What I’ve Learned: The Blogcademy Edition
- Inspiration For When You Feel Like Giving Up
- When You’ve Pushed Yourself Too Hard
- Alice’s Adventures in Power Outage-Land
- Funny/Strange/Scary Props Stories
- Adventures in Prop-Making: Cake and Cake Topper for The Wedding Singer
Here’s to a great 2014, and even more fun in 2015!